We are back with another DIY project, and this time it is a Unicorn Banner. If you have been following this blog for a while now, then you surely know that my daughter is obsessed with these magical creatures (hence the blog name). She has a birthday this month, so putting together a few homemade goodies for her big day. The first cab off the rank for the birthday surprises is this cute banner. I think it will be perfect on the front door with a few balloons to let parents know this is where the party is. I also think that is will be a really cute addition to her bedroom after the big day.
Before we get started be sure to head over the freebie library to download your free templates. To gain access to the freebie library you will need to join our mailing list. Once you join you will get access to over 100 different freebies with more being added every day. The craft templates make this craft super easy to follow and make So, let us start!
DIY Unicorn Banner
- Free Unicorn Banner Template
- Pastel felt cloth
- White & yellow felt cloth
- Hot glue
- Black marker
- Hot glue Gun, Scissors
- Download and print the pattern.
- Cut it out.
- Trace the banner pattern onto your felt cloth base.
- Cut out felt banner backing
- Fold the upper part of the banner towards the back piece (size of the fold will depend on your dowel’s dimension) and hot glue the end of the cloth to secure.
- Make sure it has a pole pocket that will fit your dowel’s diameter.
- When you are done with the banner, trace the pattern for the Unicorn head and horn. I used a white felt for the head and yellow for the horn. You can experiment what felt colors to use if you like.
- Cut out horn and unicorn body from the felt cloth.
- Cut strips of pastel felt cloth for the Unicorn’s hair and a round shaped pink felt for the cheek blush accent.
- Glue the strips on the back part of the Unicorn’s head.
- To create the tassel, cut a piece of yarn that measure the exact length of the “V” shaped part of the banner to serve as the tassel base. Then cut some short strands of yarn.
- Get a short strand of yarn and tie it on the base string. Begin by curving the strand, then insert both ends to the top hole, and pull it downwards.
- Do this step until you cover the whole base string.
- Now glue the Unicorn’s head onto the banner.
- Glue the horn and the cheek blush onto the Unicorn’s head.
- Glue the tassel at the bottom part of the banner.
- Draw some details onto the Unicorn’s head using a black marker.
- Insert the dowel into the pole pocket.
- Tie a yarn on both ends of the dowel.
- And you are done! You can now hang your banner wherever you want. This DIY project will really add some cuteness to your room.
More Unicorn Crafts and Party Printables
If you are planning a party or want to get some more fun unicorn craft ideas, check out our entire unicorn collection of posts. You will find everything from Party Printables, Clip Art and craft templates.
If want to explore some of our other themes, you can head over to our “Kids Theme” menu and find content about whatever your child is into at the moment. This blog follows my kids’ interest and is updated with new themes all the time. If you would like us to explore a new theme, leave a message in the comments below.
Unicorn Banner Results
We always love to see your craft creations. Be sure to tag us on Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram with the results.