Hello, crafty friends! I’m back again with another craft tutorial and a free template for everyone to use. This time will be making a paper top hat for St. Patrick’s Day. This leprechaun style hat is a fun way to add a little green on St. Paddy’s day.
The template is designed for little kids, but you can enlarge the hat size by scaling the template at the time of printing.
St. Patrick’s Day Top Hat Craft for Kids
- Printed St. Patrick’s Day Top Hat craft Template (best printed on cardstock)
- Craft Knife
- Printed St. Patrick's Day Paper Top Hat Template
- Craft Knife
- Print our FREE St. Patrick's Day Paper Top Hat Template from the freebie library.
- Cut out the template.
- Using your craft knife and ruler, make slits on the round brim by following the lines.
- Fold up the tabs of the round brim and fold down the tabs of the circle top piece.
- Glue the black strip onto the bottom part of the green rectangular base.
- Glue the buckle and the shamrock too. You can opt to remove the inner white part of the buckle like what I did by using the craft knife.
- Now start gluing the green rectangular base into the tabs of the circle top piece until you make a cylinder shape. Make sure the tabs are glued inside and not seen outside. Then glue the end of the rectangular base to close.
- Glue the tabs of the round brim inside the hat.
And you’re done! If you let your kids help you with this craft project, make sure to assist them in using the craft knife and/or scissors. You can use this paper top hat as a headdress by attaching a headband, clips, or elastic string so you can wear it.
St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Sheets
If you are looking for some more fun St. Patrick’s Day activities for the kids, be sure to download our free St. Patrick’s Day Coloring Pages.